Tuesday, October 25, 2011

North Carolina in the Fall

Caden had a week off for fall break and it coordinated with Jason's long weekend off of work.  The boys and I drove to the NC on Wedn and Jason met us there on Thursday evening.  We visited places we had been before and the boys have been too but this was the first time they really could appreciate it and remember it.  We really had a great time.

The first day we had we went to Clingman's Dome and did the walk up.  Blake complained often throughout the walk but once up there I think he liked it.  The weather was perfect!!  It was so clear and we could see for miles.  The boys favorite part was climbing all over the rocks after we hiked back down.  They could have done that all day.  While they climbed I sat and watched for Bear.  They have had a lot of bear sightings and had seen several around the parking lot already that day.  Finally, we decided it was time to go so I went to the restroom and when I came back out to find the boys, where were they....watching a bear of course!!  From a distance of course.  We were able to see the bear up in a tree eating berries.  It was cool:)
On our way out of the National Park that afternoon we stopped at the visitors center and there we were able to see Elk come out in the field to feed. I would say it was a great day!!

The next day we headed up to Cashiers to hike Whiteside Mountain.  The boys have been up there before too but they didn't remember it.  Caden did the entire hike.  Blake did almost all of it but did have to be carried for part of the way up.  So glad daddy can still carry him on his shoulders!!  Again, it was a perfect day weather wise and so clear! 

On day 3 Jason and I were able to do a hike by ourselves.  The weather wasn't nearly as pretty this day but it was still nice to do a hike without having to worry about the boys (THANK YOU MOM!) It was a tough hike too!  I cannot remember the name of it but it was pretty steep!  The view at the top was so worth it though.  I could sit on top of a mountain all day!  The company was pretty good too :)

I made an album with our pictures from our time in the mountains.

No comments:

Followers