Today was Jason's birthday. Of course now our celebrations are different with kids. We sang to daddy, wrote Happy Birthday with sidewalk chalk on the driveway, colored on his card, and of course you have to have cake and candles. The cake we had tonight was left over from the cake we had on Monday night with friends. It didn't matter the boys (and us) enjoyed it just the same. We had enough cookie cake to feed many families due to the unfortunate incident with the first one. I had ordered a cookie cake for Monday night and picked it up and it had survived the buggy, the trip home, and all day on the counter. About 5 minutes before we were due to leave I decided to run to the restroom one more time and then get Caden up and ready to go (Blake was sitting quietly on the couch watching Yo Gabba Gabba). I come into the living room and I hear Caden and Blake but do not see them. I then see Blake in the kitchen examining his hands and I see the box with the cake in it on the floor and open. It was in many many pieces and you could no longer tell it said "happy birthday Jason". He had not had time to taste his discovery but he knew he had done something wrong because he started crying (of course my "oh no Blake!" probably didn't help). I am proud of how I kept my cool I comforted Blake and calmly called Publix to see about getting another one (the answer was not today) and so then it was Kroger and to my luck they had one they could decorate for me....YES!! So we had two cookies. The first one could have been eaten I just hated to take it to friends house as "the cake", so I took both. Kept meaning to get a picture of the broken cake and never did. Should have gotten a picture of it on the ground, but it wasn't one of the top things running through my mind and the moment.
I am sure there are many places Jason would like to be on his birthday and many things he would like to have or do, but I think spending the evening with his two boys who adore him had to make him feel special.
Jason, I am so glad I have been able to celebrate 15 birthdays with you (he is 33) and look forward to many many more. You are an amazing husband, father, and friend. Happy Birthday!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Jason! Crazy story about the cookie cake though, but very funny. It will make it a birthday to remember :)
Happy birthday Jason. Glad you guys had so much cake. =)
Post a Comment