I had hoped to have our tree up by December 1st but we were 2 days late this year and it was the 3rd. It didn't really matter just figured if you are going to all the work to get it out and decorate it then better to enjoy it for as long as you can. I still believe that the tree doesn't need to go up before Thanksgiving and needs to come down very soon after New year's (that is just me).
It was fun watching the boys get into decorating it this year. Last year they were still more into playing in the box the tree came in. When we were pulling out all the decorations they found these hats from last year and put them on without us asking them to :) They kept them on too which was too cute!
The boys had a lot of fun seeing all the ornamnents. I have tried to get one each year for each of them that signifies what they are interested in. They liked seeing "their" ornaments. They seem to think they are just toys though which can pose a little bit of an issue sometimes!
Here is Blake putting his Sally Car onrnament on the tree....Caden has the Lightning McQueen one.
Often the ornaments would end up looking like this and I had to sneak behind them and even them out a bit. They didn't mind though!
They loved using the step ladder to help get the ornaments up high.
I loved having help decorating the tree....even though it did make it a little more chaotic and took longer! I hope this can be something the boys always enjoy and will help out with.
We did put some Christmas lights out too but it was really cold the day I did those. Blake wanted to help....but after getting him dressed to go out he only lated about 5 mintues and then he went inside. He just kept coming to the door and opening it and saying "Are you done yet?" That little stinker knew the smart place to be was inside!!
No comments:
Post a Comment