Wednesday, July 1, 2009

24 hour getaway!


Jason and I always said that for our 10 year wedding anniversary we wanted to go somewhere big (over seas or on an Alaskan cruise, etc). Well, our 10 year was last year and moving to TN took precedence. This year marked 11 years and time and finances wouldn't allow for anything "big" but Jason did a very good job planning a surprise 24 hour getaway for us. He was coming to NC to be with me and the boys and my mom had offered for us to do something if we wanted so we took her up on it. I didn't know what was planned but I knew that I had only been asking to go back to the Biltmore house for the past 6 years! I went when I was around 8 but have always wanted to go back. I hoped that is what he planned but I never thought we would actually get to say on the grounds. It was perfect! We almost decided not to do anything because the boys really missed Jason and he was ready to see them too. I am glad we opted to proceed though because the time together was great for us (as many of you married couples would agree). I will be honest and say that so often life just gets going and I am so busy doing and providing and nurturing the little boys in my life,I forget or don't have anything else to give the Man in my life! I told him this little time was nice because it makes you realize "Wow!, I do still enjoy being with him and we have fun together:)"

1 comment:

Angie said...

We went to the Biltmore last year while we were in NC and loved it. I kept telling John we needed to come back without kids, though! Y'all look great, no different than 11 years ago. :-)

Followers