Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mommy Date

So yesterday the boys and I headed to the zoo.  A lot of times we do outing like this with other friends or play dates but this time it was just us.  We had a good time and the weather was great.  We have been a couple of other times but there were a few things we hadn't done that I wanted to try and make a point to do this time.  They have always wanted to do the petting zoo area so we headed there first.....okay they were able to pet a goat....that was it.  They didn't stay very interested long.  Then we headed over to the new train ride they just opened.  The line wasn't too long and the boys were excited that they were going to get a train whistle.  From the train you got a pretty good view of the zebra's but it wasn't as far or as long as I had expected it would be.  By this point in our visit I think the highlight for them was the reptile house...Caden likes the bats!!

Of course we had to spend ample time at the playground.  They played hard.  I have thought lately about getting rid of our stroller but I was glad I decided to take it with us this day.  The zoo is very spread out and both of the boys would have been whiny about having to walk if I didn't have it.  Blake walked most of the time but Caden was happy riding and saving his energy for the playground. 

After the playground we headed up to the plantation home and farm animals.  They weren't all that impressed with the horse and two cows.....Blake had really wanted to see pigs.  The best part to them was watching the rats in the chicken house :) :) I will admit it was cool to see them scamper about. 

To end our time we had a ride on the carousel (another thing I have never let them do...I know shame on me but they charged for it and they never really asked to:) )They enjoyed it:)  Then we went in to feed the Lorikeet's .  I thought about only purchasing one thing of nectar but just like everything figured they would fight over it and not want to share.  So I bought two cups and in we went with Blake informing me he didn't want to feed them.  I encouraged him too since I had bought the cup for him. He did and at first he was okay but hesitant then he decided he didn't like it at all......



Caden enjoyed it!!


I took Blake's cup and finished feeding the birds and I thought it was pretty cool.....I did get a little nervous when I had three of them on me and the one by my ear was trying to eat my hair and was screeching very loudly into my ear.  Blake was nervous with them on me too and I am so glad I had my camera out so I could snap some self portraits and capture the look on Blake's face in the one picture......


I will say I am very glad they didn't poop on me!!! 

Of course we couldn't leave without stopping back at the playground for another quick run through.  I think we had a pretty good day and I enjoyed my dates! 

No comments:

Followers