Monday, September 5, 2011

Day #1 - Labor Day Vacation 2011

I love that Caden had off Thursday and Friday before Labor day!  I also love that Jason has had this transition between jobs so that we could get out of town for a few days!!! We had a great time in NC doing things just the 4 of us and visiting with my family. 

Our first day in NC we had a slow morning but by mid day we headed to the sliding rock for the boys to play (I think it was Caden's request).  I must say that I love to go and watch them, but I really cannot handle the coldness of that mountain water.  Call me a wimp if you want....I will not argue.  So as much as I DO NOT like this picture this is what I enjoyed doing while I watched the boys play....
A side note here....I was reading High Heels to Tractor Wheels by the Pioneer Woman and I loved it!!! 

Anyway, back to the subject of the post.... Blake once again wasn't a fan of the cold water either but I think he still had a good time.  Caden loved sliding down the rock and jumping into the deep holes!  Did I mention how COLD this water is!!


It would be wrong of me not to praise my wonderful husband here!!  He is an amazing father!!  I am sure he would love to sit up on the rock and read a book too, I am sure he didn't enjoy the cold water either, BUT he gets in and plays with these boys and they LOVE it!!  I love him for it too!!  Thank you Jason for making memories with the boys!  Thank you for being a great daddy!! 


Below are two videos from our time there.  One is of Caden jumping into this deep hole in the rock.  This hole is probably 10 or 12 feet deep.  The other one  is of Jason and Caden sliding one last time!


When we were done there we visited another water fall just down the road from this area that Jason and I have been to many many times in the last 8 years! It used to not even be marked and now it is marked with nice trail leading to it. 



To finalize our day out this day we stopped at the park and let the boys play a little while.  I would have thought they would have been super tired but they had enough energy to run the trail!

I just love this picture of Caden!!


These flowers were very pretty too!


It was a fun day! 

1 comment:

Angie said...

I"m with you on the cold water! I read the parts of the Pioneer Woman story she put on her blog, glad to know the book is a worthwhile read.

Followers