Daddy needed to dig up a tree in the yard that was next to one of the apple trees he planted. This has been on the to do list for a month or so now but always gets pushed back to the end after the "must do's". Well after so much rain and not being able to get out and cut our "jungle" of yard he decided to dig up this tree between rain showers. Well by the time we got the boys set to go out the rain showers started again. It was a very light rain, so we just decided to just let them out in it with their puddle boots and jackets. They had so much fun digging and running around. The fun didn't end there. Daddy had to fill in the hole and needed the water hose and made a wonderful pool of mud for the boys. I was inside finishing my last load of laundry (so I thought) and getting dinner ready. I came to check on the status of the tree and discovered just how daddy was entertaining. I got the camera and as I was taking pictures Caden said "Mommy are you going to shoot daddy?" I guess Jason must have said that before I discovered them. All boys need to have a mud experience like this and many people pay for mud baths. But, man what a mess to clean up. They had mud in their ears!! Needless to say one more load of laundry had to be done and I think I salvaged everything. I asked Caden what his favorite part of the day was and he told me "playing in the mud"....that should make it worth it:) I couldn't narrow down the pictures so I made an album and here is the link....
http://tennesseewhittakers.shutterfly.com/
2 comments:
I can't get the mud out of our work clothes. Any ideas on this clay mud?
The boys look adorable. And dirty too.
That's a lot of mud. It looks like so much fun though! I love it that you let your boys get dirty the way boys should!
Post a Comment