Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day!


The boys had been running laps through the living room all morning.  Laughing, chasing, screaming, etc etc.  I have learned to tune most of it out ( at least briefly until my nerves have had too much).  Well, I realized....it has been quiet for a few minutes.  I look over to see the above.  TOO sweet!!  Not sure how they ended up this way but there they sat watching the television for a moment.  I had to capture it!  Mind you there is only about 2 pounds different in these two....Caden is 38 1/2 and Blake was 36 pounds.  I do hope they can grow up liking each other.  Believe me they do fight!

We had a very low key day today and it was a nice change.  I am not the type to stay put most of the time.  I usually have to get out to break up the day.  Today went very well though.  The boys played and watched it snow, we danced and bounced, and played some more.  Oh yeah....and nap time is always a highlight! 
Caden wanted to go out in the snow this morning....not to play but he just wanted to taste it.  It was only a light dusting of snow and it was still falling so I agreed to let him step on the deck and get a little.  I knew they wouldn't stay out long so I didn't want to go through the whole dundling process.....and "I" was cold.  This totally satisfied them for the time.....


More had fallen while they ate and napped so when they woke up Caden was begging to go out and play in "all" the snow....maybe 1/2 inch of it.  I consented and said they could go in the back yard.  I layered them, wool socks, puddle boots, coats, hats and gloves....a lot of work when they cannot dress themselves :)  Then out they went.  Not long after daddy got home and went out to play with them.  He pulled them up the drive on their sleds to get the mail and they were able to sled down our drive.  It wasn't tons of snow but it was all they needed.  They have such a good daddy and they love to play with him.  Blake had enough and came in with very red cheeks and hands (poor guy).

All in all it was a good day.  School is out again tomorrow and Jason has to work Saturday and we were very low on Milk and bread, etc.  I really wasn't wanting to venture out to the grocery store in this with the two of them (call me a whimp...I don't care) So I ventured out tonight....so glad that is done! Snow days are such a different experience for this FL girl!

No comments:

Followers