Luckily the past two days I have been able to find humor in some of the things I have faced. I will say that this weekend I don't know that I could have laughed. I will also admit that I do not know that I was laughing at these given moments, however the important thing is I can laugh now.
I will preface by saying that Jason had to go out of town for work so I knew I was facing two days and nights without reprieve....
STORY #1
Blake went to bed as usual on Monday night without any trouble. Caden got to stay up his normal 30 minutes to one hour longer. Time for Caden to go to bed and I took him upstairs and read him a story and tickled his back, etc, etc. I kissed him goodnight and reviewed the consequences of getting out of bed. I returned downstairs to return a call to my in laws and clean up. Halfway through the call I asked if I could call them back because I could hear Caden out of his bed...I quietly walk upstairs and he is leaping into bed as I walk in and I smell something. Oh yes, he had pooped in his night diaper. This doesn't make me happy. He shouldn't be pooping in his diaper. So we address the issue, change him, tuck him in again and review once again the consequences of me having to come back upstairs. As I go back downstairs and finish my call to my in laws I still hear him. I am sure 30 or 45 minutes have passed so I head back upstairs.....I walk into Caden's room and he is lying on his bed with his eyes closed....ONLY his bed, his floor, his train table, his books, his wall, and HE is covered in baby powder!!! So, by 10:20 I had vacuumed his room and changed his sheets and his pajamas and wiped the room down with baby wipes. Where is daddy on nights like these??
STORY #2
I ventured to the gym this morning like most mornings and we got there on time without too much drama. The workout was great and I even was able to get in a little adult conversation in the process. The excitement started as we went to leave. Let me say that it is drizzly and 35 degrees out. I am telling Caden over and over to stay near me and to not go up on the hill by the car because it is wet and muddy. I am strapping Blake in the car and still warning Caden. It is starting to rain a little harder so I finish with Blake shut the door and go to grab Caden.....and I hear "beep". I knew immediately that meant Blake had my keys and had just locked himself in the nice dry car and us out in the very cold rain!! To top off the story I cannot leave out that I had a very human weak moment and said something I shouldn't have (s---) and in a soft whisper I hear below me someone say (s---). I am praying he will not repeat this and I didn't address it and I know I was wrong and should have more control but it is 35 degrees and raining and I don't have any keys to get into my car! SO, I stood there with Caden trying to convince a 17 month old to push the bottom button on the key ring....he is grinning from ear to ear at us. I see that he isn't getting what I am saying and has actually now been distracted by the nice "red" panic button on the remote. So I take Caden back in the gym because we are both getting wet and ask for help. We get an umbrella and leave Caden inside and out we go to try to convince Blake once again to push the right button. He is sooooo unbothered by this whole event. I continue to tell him to push the bottom button....all the while the panic alarm is going off. He then dropped the keys in his lap which helped take the focus of his little finger off the red button and he had to fumble around to find the buttons again. I am holding my breath and I hear a "beep, beep" which is the unlock so I yank open the door and take my keys from this little monster :) So we didn't have to get AAA or the police to come. I get Caden and we come home with me very wet and cold and Caden thinking the whole thing was funny. Caden then asked if we could go to the park!!
Sorry no pictures to add to the humor of these moments but the camera wouldn't have been top on my mind in either situation!
1 comment:
Wow! I am so impressed that you are able to laugh at that now. I think I would still be pretty mad about it :) Life is so crazy sometimes, but it sounds like you are handling all the craziness like a pro!
Post a Comment