So much to post....so little time!
We got home today after a long weekend in N.C. The trip was great and it has been very hard for me to come home and face reality. I have so much I want to share of things I thought about on our trip and pictures we took. I guess I will have to do it in stages because "life" is screaming a lot louder. Just trying to let the boys enjoy being back home, burn energy after being in the car all day, un-pack, go get some must haves from the grocery, catch up on mail, etc etc etc. I left here feeling pretty good about how I had left things and came home feeling many days behind:) Did I mention how great the trip was though.....!
Brief summary is that Jason and I had two nights to ourselves on a little getaway...I will not say it was "relaxing" but definitely "refreshing". We spent the night in Gatlinburg before our hike to Mt Laconte. Mt Laconte is one of the highest peaks in the Smokies. There is a lodge up at the top (don't let the word Lodge fool you though...no electricity, a bucket to fill for your water)and the only way to access it is to hike one of the several trails that lead to it. I will post more about it and details later. I will say that we hiked 13 miles roundtrip:)
The rest of our time away was at my parents cabin with my parents and our boys. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We are home now and looking forward to a visit from Mimi and Papa.
I didn't want you to think I had forgotten about my blog but I am having to discipline myself and hit the sack tonight so I can face our first full day back to reality.....
2 comments:
I can't wait to see pictures. I love the mountains there in North Carolina/Tennesee!
Glad you are back and you had a good time. =)
Post a Comment