Caden turned 5 on August 24th! So hard to believe we have been parents for 5 years now....still so much to learn:) I am so thankful for Caden and everything he brings to our family!! I think I get more excited for their birthdays than I do my own. It is just so fun to celebrate them, make them feel special, remember the day I first saw them and held them, and see them so excited about their day! Caden (and Blake) had been talking about their birthdays for months. Caden did a great job waiting all day long before he was able to open any presents. It was a little hard for him to understand that his party wasn't that day but he finally realized that his friends were not coming that day but his party would be on Saturday. We did try and make it a special day for him though. Jason was able to get off a little early and met us at the "fun pool"! This is what Caden wanted to do! He had a lot of fun. After leaving there we went to Chick fil a for supper and then home for brownies and to open a few presents! It was a very fun day and he was worn out!
For his party we decided to do a gymnastics party at a local place here. It was the best decision ever! Very resonable and easy. I have usually had them a small party at home and it takes so much to get the house ready and to stay clean while we have guests and then having to clean after the party. This year I didn't have to worry about it and was able to sit back for the first hour of the party and visit with the other parents and then play some with Caden and Blake. The last hour we did cake and presents. The presents part got a little hectic because all the kids wanted to be right there on top of Caden to see what he was getting. The best thing ever though was to see how happy Caden was and that he didn't stop smiling the entire time!! You can go to view the album to see many pictures from his birthday and from the party!
No comments:
Post a Comment