Friday, September 10, 2010

Sliding in NC


We were able to escape to NC for a long weekend and it was a lot of fun! Often the boys and I get to go spend time, but this time Jason was able to go and that truely was the highlight for us all!! The drives are never fun but we try and make the best of it. On our way we decided to go via the Smokey Mtn park and get out and do a small trail. We had been here before and it is an easy one for the boys to just run and look for rocks in the creek.


Our first full day there we decided to trek on over to Brevard, NC (not a ride for one who gets car sick...aka...ME). We stopped and picked blueberries on our way to the final destination. We went to the Sliding Rock there which is 60 ft of rock face that you can slide down into the water. COLD doesn't even begin to describe this water. The first trip down the rock was just Jason and the boys because of course I was willing to sacrifice the fun so that I could stay back and video and take pictures (yeah right...I didn't want to fall in that water). The funniest thing was to watch people as they hit the deep pool at the bottom and how fast they would swim to get out. Blake cried:( and Caden just paddled as fast as he could. Of course Jason wasn't going to let me get by that easy so I had to do it too...but I didn't want to go alone so poor Blake had to go again since there wasn't anyone to keep him at the bottom. We all waited in line and went again. That was enough for us all. It literally took your breath away! Maybe next time we go we will try and make sure the sun in is out so we will atleast be a little warmer and desire to be in the cold water.

The next day we went to another sliding rock that is in Cashiers and we have been there before. We spent a few hours there just letting the boys play and swim.

We also spent a morning in Pigeon Forge and took the boys go cart riding.  They had never done this before and I think they really enjoyed it...at least until we had a wreck and Blake was done.  We were having a great time and mommy and Blake were in the lead and then there was a pile up and Daddy and Caden rear ended us (hard) and I think I had whiplash and Blake bit his toungue.  All in all it was a lot of fun and some great family competition.
 
The full album of pictures is on the shutterfly site!  Enjoy
 
(PS really sorry if the spelling in this is horrible...it was late and I am not good at spelling even when I am more awake)

No comments:

Followers